to all members 🙂
2021 term 2
CUPPA & CHAT first Wednesday of every month
GREAT NEWS!! To all presenters – we now have a brand-new presentation projector!
See the NEWSLETTER page for details, click here >>> Newsletter page
ALL MEMBERS Things you need to know
You must read and follow the instructions in the Port Stephens U3A document previously emailed or via post titled ‘Covid-19 Safety – Instructions for members – 2021’.
Here is a link to the instructions > COVID instructions for members 2021
The Port Stephens U3A ‘Covid-19 Safety Plan’ requirements key points are:
- We will stop again if there is a resurgence of Covid-19
- We must abide by the NSW & Federal Governments and the Tomaree Library safe operation protocols
- Failure to abide by these safety instructions may see our classes cancelled
- Members joining a class do so at their own risk and must decide for themselves if their health allows a return to group activities.
- Every effort will be made to maintain a healthy environment
- A member displaying even mild Covid-19 symptoms must absent themselves from class
- Class sizes will be limited based on the four square metres (2m2) per person rule
- Members must register for any course. Details are in the Covid-19 Safety – Instructions for members 2021
- The activity leader must be in full agreement before any activity can proceed
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for every class. You are welcome to wear a mask
- Please read and follow the full instructions > COVID instructions for members 2021
Covid-19 advice from the Federal & NSW governments & HNE Health
Click here >>> Aus Gov Health / Covid19
Click here >>> NSW Gov/ Covid-19
Click here >>> Hunter New England Health
What you should do to protect yourself and others
Flu jab time > www.health.gov.au/news/flu-vaccination-in-2021
Port Stephens Third Age Learning
Enjoy the company of like-minded people and the opportunity to make new friends who are interested in a pleasant, sociable and learning environment. The emphasis is on lifelong learning – and keeping those grey cells busy!
What is U3A?
U3A is short for the University of the Third Age where people who have retired (or semi-retired) meet to pursue their interests. In 1973, Toulouse University (France) ran courses for retirees leading to the formation of U3A. The concept spread rapidly across Europe and America. U3A underwent a change in the UK and it was this model which reached our shores in 1984 – starting in Melbourne.
No qualifications are required to join and no essays, exams or awards are given. All organisations are run by volunteers who tap the great reservoir of knowledge, skills and talents found among the U3A members.
Port Stephens U3A was founded by an enthusiastic group in 1995 who declared “just because you’ve stopped earning, doesn’t mean you have to stop learning!” Now, 26 years later, that small group has blossomed to over 270 members who enjoy pursuing a variety of interests both old and new.
Want to know more? Please take a look at our web pages [click on the menu at the top of the page] detailing our program and the membership application form.
For more information about Port Stephens U3A contact the > Secretary Or come along to ..
CUPPA & CHAT
2.30pm on the first Wednesday of every month (except January)
Tomaree Community Centre, Salamander Bay
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~George Bernard Shaw
banner photo: webmaster