to all members 🙂
2021 term 3
CUPPA & CHAT first Wednesday of every month
GREAT NEWS!! To all presenters – we have a brand-new presentation projector!
See the NEWSLETTER page for details, click here >>> Newsletter page
ALL MEMBERS Things you need to know
You must read and follow the instructions in the Port Stephens U3A document previously emailed or via post titled ‘Covid-19 Safety – Instructions for members – 2021’. Click >>> COVID instructions for members 2021
Our COVID requirements in brief (note some recent changes)
The COVID Delta strain has now spread over several parts of NSW – although as far as we know not in our region. We therefore need to step up our vigilance. These are the government requirements that we are obliged to abide by and the key points are:.
- In order to be allowed to conduct our classes we must abide by the protocols for safe operations set out by the NSW & Federal Governments and by the Tomaree Library and council.
- It is essential that all members read and abide by the rules below. Failure to do so may see our classes cancelled.
- We are a vulnerable group and we therefore need to be very cautious. We will stop again if we see any resurgence near our area.
- Until notified otherwise, masks must be worn by everyone whilst inside the building.
- Hand sanitising and wiping of the chairs after use are requirements that must be observed.
- Any member displaying even mild symptoms must absent themselves from class.
- You must register for any course so that a “class roll” can be generated to satisfy room occupancy requirements and to allow contact tracing. Details are in the program. This does mean that some classes may be full and a “waiting list” will be created in case vacancies occur.
- Please contact the class presenter if you wish to discontinue or are unable to attend (even just one class please) so that others can take your place and contact the Secretary for help if you can’t email. All contact details are in the program.
- Any member joining a class must do so at their own risk. We are all keen to keep our classes going. However, while every effort will be made to maintain a healthy environment, everyone must decide for themselves if they are ready and that their health allows a return to group activities.
- If you are attending a class and have your name ticked off on the roll for that particular class, you do not need to use the QR code system to check in to the building.
- Lets all hope that we will soon see an end to these requirements.
Covid-19 advice from the Federal & NSW governments & HNE Health
Click here >>> Aus Gov Health / Covid19
Click here >>> NSW Gov/ Covid-19
Click here >>> Hunter New England Health
What you should do to protect yourself and others
Flu jab time > www.health.gov.au/news/flu-vaccination-in-2021
Port Stephens Third Age Learning
Enjoy the company of like-minded people and the opportunity to make new friends who are interested in a pleasant, sociable and learning environment. The emphasis is on lifelong learning – and keeping those grey cells busy!
What is U3A?
U3A is short for the University of the Third Age where people who have retired (or semi-retired) meet to pursue their interests. In 1973, Toulouse University (France) ran courses for retirees leading to the formation of U3A. The concept spread rapidly across Europe and America. U3A underwent a change in the UK and it was this model which reached our shores in 1984 – starting in Melbourne.
No qualifications are required to join and no essays, exams or awards are given. All organisations are run by volunteers who tap the great reservoir of knowledge, skills and talents found among the U3A members.
Port Stephens U3A was founded by an enthusiastic group in 1995 who declared “just because you’ve stopped earning, doesn’t mean you have to stop learning!” Now, 26 years later, that small group has blossomed to over 270 members who enjoy pursuing a variety of interests both old and new.
Want to know more? Please take a look at our web pages [click on the menu at the top of the page] detailing our program and the membership application form.
For more information about Port Stephens U3A contact the > Secretary Or come along to ..
CUPPA & CHAT
2.30pm on the first Wednesday of every month (except January)
Tomaree Community Centre, Salamander Bay
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~George Bernard Shaw
banner photo: webmaster